In September 2018 Apple unveiled a trio of new iPhones – iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. They are the 2018 updates to iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus released in 2017. New iPhone features extend from a brand new processor to new display size.
Changes in new iPhone 2018
Let us take a look at what has changed
- Among new iPhone features, there is an option for a bigger display. The 2017 iPhone X had a 5.8 inches display. That size is still available with the iPhone XS but if you wish to scale up there is the iPhone XR with a 6.1-inch screen and iPhone XS Max with a mammoth 6.5-inch screen.
- Apple has introduced a 7-nanometer processor in its A12 Bionic CPU as part of new iPhone features. Apple claims it is up to 15% faster and would consume 40% less power than the A11. The GPU inside the A12 is far better than the one in A11 making gaming experience smoother.
- 2018 iPhones come with Smart HDR which allows more balanced images but does not take as long as normal HDR. Though 2018 models have the same 12 MP telephoto and 12 MP wide-angle dual camera setup as last year the sensors are larger in 2018 making photos more vivid.
- Though resolution on new iPhones have not changed and remain 2436 x 1125 Apple has said that as part of new iPhone features the new screens will have 60% more dynamic range and are more colorful.
- Due to the more efficient processor, Apple claims that the new trio should last longer on a single charge than the iPhone X which already enjoyed a really long battery life.
- New iPhone features have made the facial ID algorithm a whole lot faster thus making it easier to unlock phones and make payments using Apple Pay.
- Apple iPhone will be available in more colors from 2018. The XS and XS Max will be available in gold and iPhone XR will be really colorful and available in six different colors including yellow, red and blue.